Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Doll Dresses

I thought I'd take a few minutes to show you what sewing project I worked on last week (and into this week, too).


I made theses doll dresses out of some type of taffeta that I had laying around. I don't have any dolls so I was guessing about the dimensions.



I did use a real baby's dress to help guide me. :)
The little girl that I am going to give these dresses to spends a lot of time playing with her dolls and I am hopeful that she has a doll that will fit into these dresses.


This is the first time I have made doll dresses and they took me a lot longer to finish than I expected. I intended on them being a birthday gift, now they are going to be a belated birthday gift. :)

1 comment:

Sunshine Country said...

This brings back a lot of memories! I used to make doll dresses for my dolls a lot when I was younger; in fact, I'm pretty sure it was one of my very first sewing projects when I was about nine years old, and I still have that doll dress that I sewed by hand! :) I hope the little girl they're for will enjoy the doll dresses you've made for her! :)