Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Cut Flowers From My Garden

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.    Matthew 19:26



I cut these flowers and arranged them this morning.

I like having fresh flowers in the house, but my florist abilities lack much to be desired. :) I have trouble knowing what height to make the flowers and how they should be staggered so that they all can be seen.

I was happy with the way this bouquet came together.

 

 The flowers I used in this bouquet are;
Yellow Lillies,
Purple Coneflowers,
Dill,
Oregano,
Mint,
Bachelor's Buttons,
Cosmo,
and ornamental grass, which isn't a flower.




2 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

How nice! I love being able to gather flowers to bring indoors to enjoy. Our daisies have been blooming a lot, and I would like to bring another bouquet of them in. I don't know a whole lot about flower arranging either, but enjoyed watching a lady once who really knew what she was doing. It would be fun to learn more about it! By the way, I like the Scripture decal on the wall; did you just put that up?

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Hello Sunshine Country,
Thank you for your comment! I would be interested in learning more techniques about how to arrange flowers, too.
The scripture decal is new. :) Mr. In The Mid-west saw a few at a Dollar Tree store recently. I was impressed with the designs and the fact that all the scriptures were quoted from the right Bible version!