Friday, November 10, 2017

Lacto Fermented Peppers Recipe


These are the very best picked peppers that I have ever had!

Lacto-Fermented Peppers 
1/2 peck (4 quarts) sweet peppers 
1/2 peck (4 quarts) hot peppers 
1 cup sea salt 
3/4 cup water 
1 quart live apple cider vinegar 
2 cups extra virgin olive oil 
3 garlic cloves, chopped 
1/4 cup oregano 

Cut the peppers into rings or cracker size squares.  Mix all the ingredients together. Let sit at room temperature overnight. Pack into jars. Store in cool dark place.



 I made this recipe before I was married with hot Banana peppers and Anaheim chilli's and my family really enjoyed them. I haven't had the opportunity to make this recipe since I have been married until this year.


This year our next door neighbors grew more peppers than they could use. They offered me their extra peppers. I only had enough to make a 1/4 batch. I think this recipe is intended to be store in jars in cellar like conditions. I have always kept my jars in the refrigerator. I am just to nervous about leaving them unrefrigerated.


These picked peppers make great Sweat Sandwiches. Never heard of a Sweat Sandwich? Don't worry, I am planning to tell you in my next post! ;)

1 comment:

Melissa Huffman said...

Perfect Pickled Peppers! They are so delicious and I am glad you are so good as using up garden crops :)!