Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Good Bye......

 

It Is not Death to Die 


It is not death to die,

To leave this weary road,

And, 'midst the brotherhood on high,

To be at home with God.


It is not death to close

The eye long dimm'd by tears,

And wake in glorious repose

To spend eternal years.


It is not death to fling

Aside this sinful dust,

And rise, on strong exulting wing,

To live among the just.


Jesus, Thou Prince of life!

Thy chosen cannot die;

Like Thee, they conquer in the strife,

To reign with Thee on high.


Translated from the French;

George W. Bethune,1847


A friend went to be with the Lord last week.

I will miss her! I would say she died too young, but, I trust God knows best. He called her home. She is in the presence of Jesus now. I didn't want my time with her to be over. At least, I have the comfort of knowing that I will see her again.

1 Thessalonians 4:13+14
 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, 
concerning them which are asleep, 
that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, 
even so them also which sleep in Jesus 
will God bring with him.





7 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers, may Jesus comfort your heart. I have always loved the song you shared, "God Be with You 'Till We Meet Again". It is such a sweet reminder that we will be reunited with those fellow believers who have gone before us.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the kind words, Sarah!

Sunshine Country said...

Those are sweet and comforting words in the poem "It is not death to die". I'm so sorry you've lost such a good friend, wish we could've spent time with her too. I'm glad you have so many good memories of her, and the hope of seeing her again someday! Thank you for sharing this post in remembrance of her. ❤️

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the kind words, Sunshine Country!

Amy said...

Such a beautiful poem. I'm so sorry to hear of her passing... praying the Lord comforts you, and also praying for her family at this difficult time. So sweet to know she is safe in the arms of Jesus!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the prayers, Amy! I can't imagine the grief her family must be going through right now. She had seven children still at home.:(

Melissa Huffman said...

I am so sorry for your temporary separation from one that was very near and dear to you. I was so grateful for her too as she was a good friend and mentor for you to have near when I couldn’t be there for you.