Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Another Peasant Dress With Measurements

 

This is not a tutorial. You'll have to see Farmhouse On Boone for that. 
This is just the measurements for a size 3 T and some minor changes I made to the pattern.


Size 3T

Skirt - 13" long by 20" wide, cut 2

Bodice - 8" long by 13" wide, cut 2

Sleeves - 7" long by 11" wide, cut 2

Ruffle - 4 1/2" long by 72" wide, cut 1

Ties - 4" × 36", cut 2

Under-Skirt - 17 1/2" long by 46" wide, cut 1

3/8" woven elastic - 18" long for neck and 2 pieces 8 1/2" long for the sleeves 
The way I assembled the dress is pretty much the same as the Farmhouse On Boone pattern directs.
I sewed the bodice and the sleeves together as directed with the exception of my choice of embellishments. I used mini rickrack on the bodice and mini rickrack and lace on the sleeves.

For the ruffle:
I used a single piece of fabric sewed into a loop for the ruffle in stead of 2 pieces of fabric.

For the underskirt I, also, used a single piece of fabric sewed into a loop placing the seam in the center back.

The underskirt is a little more gathered than the top skirt. So, I sewed a gathering stitch at the top of the underskirt and then pulled up the gathering stitching to match the size of the over skirt. Then I stitched the over skirt and the underskirt together with a gathering stitch.

I deviated from the pattern with the way that I did the ties, too. I made two ties and sewed them onto the dress at the side seams. To make the ties I folded the tie pieces in half and sewed down one short end and the open long edge. Then I turned it right side out and pressed it flat with an iron.
Honestly, the ties are a little long. I would take around 6" off the length next time.

The shape that I used the make the arm holes looks like this: (I am sorry, this probably doesn't make any sense unless you've already seen Farmhouse On Boone's video or blog post. She explains everything)

I used topstitching at the waist and the area above the gather of the ruffle to give those areas a more finished look and more structural integrity.
If you need to make a 3T size dress, I hope these measurements can help you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is an adorable dress!

Jennifer said...

So very cute! Must make you smile to see her puttering about the house dressed like that.