Friday, August 12, 2022

Beautiful Flowers!

 

These beautiful flowers made up a bouquet that I put together a few weeks ago. 

I love being able to have fresh flowers to beautify our home! I was not always so, though. As a teenager I thought pretty things were just a vanity. I considered growing flowers a waste of soil that would be much better utilized for growing vegetables: food for people to eat. I had a very practical mindset. Putting effort into being pretty was a frivolous waste of time and resources.

I grew up. I learned to appreciate beautiful things. I realized there is value in beauty. God made beautiful flowers, and sunsets, and rainbows and mountain ranges. He made them beautiful for more than practical reasons. Imagine if he made all the flowers the same color. They would work. They would attract pollinator insects. They would be able to develop seeds and reproduce. The flowers could have been all the same. But God showed us that He values beauty and variety.  

Ecclesiastes 7:29 
Lo, this only have I found, 
that God hath made man upright; 
but they have sought out many inventions. 

Luke 12:27  
Consider the lilies how they grow:
 they toil not, they spin not; 
and yet I say unto you, 
that Solomon in all his glory 
was not arrayed like one of these. 

2 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

Sorry I haven't been around much to comment on anything lately - just kind of have been taking a break from blogging for awhile! I really love having fresh flowers to bring in too! Now that I'm not selling them anymore, I've been taking advantage of bringing some in occasionally. :) I'm really thankful the Lord gave us so many different colors and varieties to enjoy!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I have missed seeing you in the comments! I have been pretty absent minded from blogging, too, with late posts and not commenting or replying to comments. It's an enjoyable time of year, but a time of year when I don't have too many exciting projects to write posts about. :)