Friday, September 9, 2022

Paw Paw Time!

 We went to the Paw Paw Grove this week 

 to see if there were any ripe fruits. 

 We found a few!


You can read about our Paw Paw harvest in 2020

in a blog post HERE.

Paw Paws are native to the North American continent.

The fruits have a very tropical taste and aroma.

They are a special treat!

This is the time of year when many 

treats are being harvested.

Apples, pears, and grapes,

are a few that come to mind.

It has been several years since I have had

any local pears or grapes.

Genesis 1:11 
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass,
 the herb yielding seed, 
and the fruit tree yielding fruit
 after his kind, whose seed is in itself, 
upon the earth: 
and it was so.


Have you been busy with harvesting

or preserving?

Let me know your favorite fruit!



2 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

I still have never tasted a Pawpaw fruit. I'm curious to try sometime if I could, though! They sound interesting. Glad you were able to harvest some! I'd say I think my favorite fruit is Kiwis. : )

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Sunshine Country!
Hopefully, you'll get a chance to taste Pawpaw fruit one year.
Kiwi is a good choice. :) I don't get those often.