Monday, April 24, 2023

Sewing This Month

 

What a lovely April we've had! 
I was able to do some of my sewing outdoors this month. Yay! I love being outside, hearing the birds, seeing the flower buds, breathing in the fresh air, and basking in the sun beams. 
It is a real treat!
I had a flannel sheet/blanket that I had bought
 for a quarter at a garage sale years ago.
The sheet just recently got a big rend in it.
I took what was left of the blanket at cut it up
into a whole bunch of "kleenex" and a couple 
cloth diapers. I used my serger to finish
all the raw edges so that they wouldn't unravel.


I have also started a formal dress for my
 little girl. I'm using a deep pink satin from 
my stash. I have cut out all the pieces for
 the dress and the lining.

The sleeves of this dress are called petal sleeves.
You can see the pieces for the sleeves above.
Petal sleeves are new to me, I have never
sewn this type of sleeve before.

I have done a lot of work on the bodice. 
My goal is to have the dress finished by the end
May. I will report my progress.
I hope these posts encourage you to set
goals for your projects and take time for hobbies.


2 comments:

Grace said...

Sewing outside sounds nice, I should try that sometime! Just recently I was given a serger, but I've not tried using it yet. To be honest, it looks a bit intimidating. However, I was able to find a tutorial series on YouTube for the machine I have, so hopefully that will help! I look forward to seeing the little dress you're making once it's finished! 😊

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Grace!
I am very serger illiterate. JoAnna is the one that threaded my serger for me, and I have been very careful to not let my machine get unthreaded because I would be up a creek at that point. 😄