Friday, August 11, 2023

Friendship by Henry Beer (Poem)



 Friendship

There are friendships that I cherish
In my daily walk of life.
Friends with whom I meet and labor
In our earthly toil and strife.

Friends among the aged and youthful,
Friends that live from us apart;
Friends of higher rank and station
Find a place within my heart.

But I prize the friendship highest
Of the one whose heart is true;
Friends who live by truth and goodness
And who live in Him anew.

Friends who's hearts are up in heaven,
Though their feet traverse this sod,
Find a place of highest merit
In our fellowship with God.

There's a tie of noble kinship
In a soul who loves the Lord,
There's a friendship warm and lasting
If he heeds the Master's Word.

There is a mutual understanding
And a sympathy so kind
In the tie of Christian friendship,
As in earth sometimes we find.

When at last these ties are riven,
When we're called to go on high,
Oh, how sweet to meet in heaven,
Friends forever - you and I.



My Garden of Verse
By Henry Beer
Page 238

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely poem! So true.

Amy said...

This was a really encouraging poem. Thanks for sharing with us!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Anonymous! Glad you enjoyed the poem.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for comment, Amy! I'm glad this poem was a blessing.