Sunday, July 26, 2026

Stitches | July

I really like the way this dress fits and flows. 

You can see I am having a little fun with the pose.

I have only worn it twice since I acquired it, because I had a couple issues.

The first problem I ran into was the buttons slipping out of the button holes. That wouldn't do.

I stitched each of the 14 button holes a little smaller.

Next I restitched all the buttons on the dress because they were egregiously machine stitched and threatening to pop off at any moment.


I wore the dress for a day. The buttons stayed buttoned the whole time. 

I was feeling quite successful until I took it off. That's when I noticed a slight problem. 

The lowest button had put enough stress on the dress to rip the fabric that it was attached to. Having strengthened the button hole and the button to the point that they were stronger than the particular fabric I guess I was to blame. Not to mention my movements are what caused the stress. 

The dress went back in the mending basket.

Now, hopefully, I can keep my stride in check enough not to rip the button off again. I hate having my stride bridled, but I like this dress enough to try. 


No comments: