Want to know just a few reasons why eating your greens, specifically spinach, is good for you? I gathered a list of five different benefits and thought I'd share them here.
1. With a bounty of vitamins and minerals, spinach is great for your skin. It can help fight skin problems like acne, dryness, and blemishes. One of the best ways to get all the nutrients from spinach is to consume it in liquid form. Try adding it to your next smoothy, apart from changing the color to a little on the green side, you can't even tell its there. :)
2. It boost your immune system. Spinach is loaded with vitamins such as A&C, lutein, iron, and antioxidants. Folate (a water-soluble B vitamin) helps the body to produce new cells and repair DNA.
3. Want to keep your brain working at it's best? :) Some studies have shown that consumption of green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, may slow decline in brain function.
4. It is an excellent source of iron. Because iron is a part of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen to all body cells, it's needed for good energy.
5. Spinach is a good source of beta-carotene, a powerful disease-fighting antioxidant that has been shown to help fight heart disease and cancer as well.
So there you have it, five great reasons to start eating the yummy leafy green, spinach! :)