Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!


 O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good; 
for His mercy endureth for ever.

  ~1 Chronicles 16:34 ~

Did you know that these or similar words are repeated in the Bible at least nine times? 
This isn't just a once-a-year sort of thing, but a daily attitude of thankfulness 
that we all need to have!  We have so very much to thank God for. I don't know about you, 
but I often need to remember how much God hates unthankfulness and complaining, 
and ask Him to forgive me, and to deliver me from it in my life.  
Praise His Name for His many blessings to us, though we are so undeserving!


  Psalms 136:1   O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalms 136:2   O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

  Psalms 136:3   O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

  Psalms 136:26   O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 comments:

A Heart of Praise said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Sister in the Mid-west said...

How true it is, in my life that I often forget God's many blessings and leave off thanking Him. You are right, we need to daily thank God not just on special holidays.