Monday, May 1, 2017

The Haven Of Rest

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

 Psalm 37:7



The Haven of Rest


1 My soul in sad exile was out on life’s sea,
So burdened with sin and distressed,
Till I heard a sweet voice, saying, “Make Me your choice”;
And I entered the “Haven of Rest”! 

Refrain:
I’ve anchored my soul in the “Haven of Rest,”
I’ll sail the wide seas no more;
The tempest may sweep over wild, stormy, deep,
In Jesus I’m safe evermore. 

2 I yielded myself to His tender embrace,
In faith taking hold of the Word,
My fetters fell off, and I anchored my soul;
The “Haven of Rest” is my Lord. [Refrain]

3 The song of my soul, since the Lord made me whole,
Has been the old story so blest,
Of Jesus, who’ll save whosoever will have
A home in the “Haven of Rest.” [Refrain]

4 How precious the thought that we all may recline,
Like John, the beloved so blest,
On Jesus’ strong arm, where no tempest can harm,
Secure in the “Haven of Rest.” [Refrain]

5 Oh, come to the Savior, He patiently waits
To save by His power divine;
Come, anchor your soul in the “Haven of Rest,




For we which have believed do enter into rest,....

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Hebrews 4: 3a+10


Aren't you glad that eternal life is a free gift, that we can cease from own works, and enter into His rest?

I have stopped working to enter heaven, have you?

I have believed on Jesus, I have faith in his death, burial, and resurrection, and I know I have a home in heaven for eternity.

I am so glad that eternal life is a free gift and all I had to do was receive that gift by faith.

1 comment:

A Heart of Praise said...

This is a great hymn, we sing it often at church. So thankful for God's free gift of salvation!