Wednesday, May 3, 2017
1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
A. Yes, I like Mexican food very much!
B. Homemade Refried Beans are my favorite Mexican dish. (Link to my recipe here.) Honorable mentions include; chicken enchiladas, pork tamales, chili rellenos, and flautas.
C. Refried Pinto Beans are my choice out of black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, or rice, although I like all four.
D. I like medium heat for my hot sauce, salsa, or peppers. Jalapenos are as hot as I enjoy. Habeneros are to hot for my palette.
E. I don't really know what Cinco de Mayo is about. I have never done anything special on May 5. Maybe we will look into it and start a family tradition.
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
A. I have never been to Mexico.
B. I would like to visit Mexico someday.
C. I only know a few words of the Spanish language. I couldn't hold a conversation. I would like to learn how to speak Spanish fluently.
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month?
Planting a garden. Other things on the to-do list are a garage sale and a birthday party for Boy In The Mid-west. Party or not, he will have a birthday this month. :)
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered?
A. Everything seems to work pretty smoothly in our town. I can't think of anything I would change.
B. I have never considered serving in a public office.
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get?
The back to Eden gardening method is very popular among the gardening circles I am aware of, but I don't know much about it. I think that if I learned about it, though, I would join the movement.
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land?
A. I am not a fan of Star Wars. Star Wars is heavily influenced by new age mysticism, which is contrary to a Biblical worldview.
B.If I could choose zero I would, but on a scale of 1-10 I pick 1 to represent how much I am not a fan of Star Wars.
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
A. The fourth blog post that I wrote was about making fresh spinach noodles.
B. I still like making fresh noodles.
C. This blog is still very much about food and what I have been cooking recently. :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am now off to read some recipes about deep frying chicken legs. My tried and true fried chicken recipe calls for a 1/4 inch of oil in the pan. The chicken pieces are sealed on all sides and then covered with a lid and cooked over low heat for 40 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time. I want to try out the new deep fryer that I bought for my husband, though, so I need a new recipe. :) (I may write a future blog post on how I got the deep fryer. I got a really, really good deal on it. )