Monday, July 3, 2017

Humor: Dandelion Greens At The Grocery Store!

We stopped in a high-end, yuppie type, grocery store last month. It was a neat place. Everything was very artisanal and very expressive.

We managed to get out of there without spending an arm and a leg. The only things we purchased were a banana and a ginger root.

I noticed that they carried dandelion greens in their produce section, and had to take a picture! I told Mr. In The Mid-west, "See, they are really edible! I am not crazy for serving weeds!" Okay, that doesn't prove that I am not crazy, but at least I am not the only one eating dandelions. :) (Mr. In The Mid-west has always had a healthy amount of scepticism about the weeds that I eat.)



Check out the price, $3.99 per pound! And they are certified "organic." I think I should consider becoming a dandelion farmer. It seems like quite the cash crop! 😊

3 comments:

A.J. said...

Haha, like here with carobs! They cost a fortune, and they are pig's food in Spain and the Bible.

You would get along with my sister. She also has introduced "weeds" to her family's diet, and everyone eats them, husband included! I am waiting to have a house and a vegetable garden to be able to do it...

A.J. said...

Hello, and very quickly - it is from the Little Flock hymnbook, and here is a link to it, sung version included!

http://bibletruthpublishers.com/have-i-an-object-Lord-below/little-flock-hymnbook-46A/lkh387LFHB

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the link! I will go check it out now! :-)