Friday, July 7, 2017

Orange Creamsicle Recipe


During the summer heat a frozen treat is always appreciated! Here is a recipe for some popsicles I made last week.


Orange Creamsicles

1 3oz. box of orange flavored gelatin powder
2 TBS. sugar
1 cup boiling water
3 cups cold milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring


Combine the flavored gelatin and sugar in a 4 cup measuring cup or medium size bowl.
Add boiling water and stir for 30 seconds or until sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved. Add the cold milk and vanilla flavoring. Stir to combine.


Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If you don't have popsicle molds paper or plastic Dixie cups lined up on a baking sheet work great. I only have this one mold and I don't have any Dixie cups. What I did was freeze the popsicles in batches. When these were solid I removed them from the mold and then poured the next batch. I just kept the popsicle solution in the refrigerator in between batches.


Freeze the popsicles for 45 minutes and then insert a wooden popsicle stick or plastic spoon (or fork). Replace in the freezer and freeze until solid.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Haley Smith said...

I happen to have a box of orange gelatin (I bought onn my first married shopping trip..) so we'll have to give these a try!