Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake Recipe

 This is one of my Mom's recipes. It is a decadent chocolate cake that is really easy to throw together. I made it recently for a birthday and it was a hit!

I have also made it without a box mix cake. I will include the "from scratch" recipe, too.

Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake

1 (18oz.) Dark Chocolate Cake Mix

1 (3.9oz.) package Instant Chocolate Pudding

16 oz. Sour Cream

3 Eggs

1/3 cup Oil

1/2 cup Coffee or Cherry Liquid From Jarred Marciano Cherries

2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350° F. 

Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.

In large bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, and liquid. Beat until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. 

Spoon batter into prepared pan 

Bake 1 hour. 

Cool 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely on wire rack.

Ice with chocolate ganache if desired.

Stock photo that looks just like 
Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake.

Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake Without Cake Mix

1 3/4 cups Flour

1 1/2 cups Sugar

1/2 cup Cocoa Powder

1 tsp. Baking Soda

1 tsp. Baking Powder

1 tsp. Salt

1 (3.9oz.) package Instant Chocolate Pudding

16 oz. Sour Cream

3 Eggs

1/3 cup Oil

1/2 cup Coffee or Cherry Liquid From Jarred Marciano Cherries

2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350° F. 

Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.

In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, and liquid. Beat until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. 

Spoon batter into prepared pan 

Bake 1 hour. 

Cool 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely on wire rack.

Ice with chocolate ganache if desired.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

My younger sister used to make this cake often. It is so delicious! I am a huge chocolate lover, so this cake was always a favorite with me. : )

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Sarah! I am glad you have enjoyed this cake. It is nice to hear that others know and love this cake, too. :)

Melissa Huffman said...

I definitely like this post! Now I am going to have to make myself this soon.