Monday, June 26, 2023

Sewing Projects In June

12 years ago I made dresses for myself and 4 of my sister's. You can see the colors below. The materials that I used all had the matching shades of purple.
I made two dresses with the floral print, two with the plaid, and my dress was made with the reddish/purple.

Some of the dresses have been given back to me. Mostly because they needed repairs, but also, because the girls out grew them. 
I pulled one of them out of the storage box this month and fixed it up for my daughter to wear. 
It brought back sweet memories of being a big sister. Now my own daughter can wear the dress that I made for her aunt.

We went to my brother's wedding at the beginning of the month and my daughter got to wear the red dress that I had finished in time. She was not a flower girl, but I wanted her to feel special. I know how much little girls like weddings, especially my daughter. She is such a girly girl!
My handy work project this month has been sewing on these baby whales. These have been in a tub of unfinished projects for going on 2 years. I did a lot of work on these whales when I was pregnant with my last baby. I have 18 of them waiting to be finished.
This month I have been going to the playground with the children a lot. These baby whales make a nice hand sewing project to bring along. 
You can see by the stains on my fingers that we found a mulberry tree on the way to the playground. :-)

That is the update for June. I'll see you again at the end of July with another progress report. I hope all of your projects are going well!


2 comments:

Haley Smith said...

Mine was made out of a plaid that had a white base and purple/green pin stripes, not the floral, but still fit the color theme. I wish there were a picture of us all wearing them together but I’m pretty sure there isn’t. I tried mine on the other day, pretty sure I’ll never get small enough for it again, but soon I’ll have daughters that can fit in it!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Oh, you're right! I was thinking you had a floral print like Shelby.
I made it for you when you were 16 (I think that is right) no wonder it doesn't fit now. I hope your girls can wear it someday. :)