Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Happy New Year!

 

I look forward to eating black eyed peas and cabbage during this time of year. I didn't get them made for the 1st of January, but they were just as tasty on the 2nd of January. :) Mmmmmm! I relish ever part of this meal!

This year New Year's Eve fell on a Sunday. Sunday was a really busy day for me. I was glad that the children could stay out of trouble by focusing on making their hats. They all worked together and helped each other finish. They did an excellent job and their hats turned out great. They also helped clean up all the crafting stuff, too.

I was not expecting to make a hat this year. I just had too much to do to allow myself to get lost in a project like hat making. The children were disappointed when they heard that I wasn't going to make a hat. I didn't want to kill their joy. I hastily looked in a pile on junk and pulled out a paper napkin that had been a trash item brought in from the van. I thought fast and decided I could make a quick hat. It is more like a fascinator, but it counts! :)

A little glue, a little glitter, a little string, and voila! In fact I like it so much that I have been wearing for the past few days. :)

I hope you all have a healthy and joyful 2024. Happy New Year!
1 Thessalonians 5:18
 In every thing give thanks: 
for this is the will of God 
in Christ Jesus concerning you.

No comments: