Friday, August 28, 2015

Try Something New: Week Seven

This week we tried a recipe for Catalina Salad Dressing that has honey instead of sugar.

I found this recipe on Completely Nourished website. This was my first time visiting their site. I think I will enjoy exploring some of the things they have on their website in the future.

I thought this dressing needed to be a little sweeter. I added an extra tablespoon of honey. The finished product will take a little getting used to. It does not taste like a factory made Catalina Salad Dressing. The olive oil and the tomato paste are strong flavors and they can be distinguished  as you taste this dressing. 

I think I will probably make this salad dressing again. I may find some other recipes, though, and do some tweaking for next time.

Here is the recipe how I made it with the extra tablespoon of honey:

Catalina Dressing Without Sugar

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
  3 TBSP raw honey
2 TBSP tomato paste
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
¼ tsp dry mustard
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper


Whisk ingredients together in a bowl.
Use a funnel to transfer to a storage bottle.
Enjoy!
This recipe makes about 1 cup.

No comments: