Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Fire Water: Home Remedy For Cold and Flu

Fire Water

Home Remedy For Cold And Flu 

Particularly Healing For Sore Throats

Recipe:
1/2 cup Boiling Water
1 tsp. Cayenne Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar

Mix cayenne pepper, salt, and boiling water. Stir until salt is dissolved. Add apple cider vinegar. Take 1 tablespoon every 15-20 minutes until flu is gone. To treat a sore throat gargle each dose before swallowing.

This is my favorite remedy for sore throats. I have used it many times. The ingredients are simple and effective.  I always have them on hand, unlike the ingredients for Decongestant Tea, which are a little more specialized. I, also, really like how effective the Decongestant Tea is, but I don't always have all the ingredients.


This recipe is taken from Be Your Own "Doctorby Rachel Weaver. I love this book! I highly recommend you order yourself a copy! Rachel Weaver is a midwife and master herbalist. She has lots of experience and advice on treating common ailments naturally. I purchased her book from Nature's Warehouse. Their store is in Kidron Ohio but you can buy the book on their website. Here is a link.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Exactly what I needed, thanks! I have a bad sore throat, so I’ll give this recipe a try. I might try making some Congestion tea soon too. :)

Amy said...

I can see why it’s called “Fire Water.” it’s pretty hot! :D

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Hello Amy,
It is pretty hot! I always think the heat is soothing when I have a sore throat. I hope you will get better from your sore throat soon. I know it can be painful! (Hugs)

Amy said...

Thanks! I’m actually feeling a lot better today, and my sore throat is pretty well gone! I keep drinking the Fire Water, and taking Elderberry syrup and it has made a big difference. Thanks again for sharing this post! <3

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better today, Amy! :) Your welcome for the recipe. Fire Water and Elderberry Syrup sound like a good team for fighting illness. <3