Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Living In The Present Moment



Living in the moment is not being distracted by the future or pontificating over the past. I think there is value in reflection and also in planning ahead. We need to maintain balance in our lives, though. I don't want to spend so much time thinking ahead to what might be, or brooding over what has been, that I lose the moment that I am living. I want to be grateful for the present. Now is the only time I really have. (not including eternity, of course.) I don't know what a day may bring forth. Right now I can do something that matters, why wait until tomorrow, next week, next month, next year,..............

Matthew 6:34 
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. 


Proverbs 27:1  
Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.



2 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

Had meant to comment on this post before, but never got around to it. Thanks for sharing these thoughts and verses! It made me stop and think when I read it...how important it is to be using the time God gives us wisely - reminds me of the other verse about "Redeeming the time" (can't remember the whole verse to quote it all).

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Sunshine Country! A few days after I wrote this post my friend found out she had a brain tumor. The news hit so close to home!