Tuesday, March 16, 2021

"If You're Happy And You Know It!"

 

This is a homeschooling idea for preschoolers and kindergartners. I like to sing, "If You're Happy And You Know It," with my little ones when we start our school day. Doing all the motions with them helps them to get all their wiggles out and puts everyone in a good mood. I think our favorite verse is, "Roar out loud!" We have a lot of fun with that! 


We have a Scholastic book with a version of "If You're Happy And You Know It," illustrated by Jane Cabrera. I love Jane Cabrera's illustrations! I grew up with her, "Over In The Meadow," book. It is one of my Mom's favorites. :)


This is the version that we do:

If you're happy and you know it.........

1. Clap your hands,...

2. Stamp your feet,...

3. Nod your head,...

4. Roar our loud,....

5. Spin around,....

6. Go kiss kiss,...

7. Flap your arms,...

8. Say squeak squeak,...

9. Jump around,...


Do you have a favorite verse? What variation do you sing? Let me know in the comments section! 


Proverbs 17:22 

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.


4 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

This sounds like fun for the kids. :) I really don't remember us singing it much when I was younger - we probably did occasionally, though. At the nursing home in FL, they liked to sing the different version "If You're Saved and You Know it". You might already know the verses for it... If you're saved and you know it... 1. Clap your hands 2. say Amen! 3. Praise the Lord 4. Do all three.

Melissa Huffman said...

Awe I do love her books and illustrations! I will share it with the little ones and I bet the roar will win with them too! I also like your idea of starting with the same song each morning.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Sunshine Country! I have heard a similar version of "If You're Happy And You Know It" or rather, "If You're Saved And You Know It" sung at Church.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Mommy! I hope the little ones there will like this version, too! :)