Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Teriyaki Marinade And Teriyaki Chicken Recipe


This Teriyaki Marinade is great for flavoring all sorts of meat, especially for grilling, and vegetables for shish kabobs. I also use this recipe to make a sauce for stir fry sometimes.

Teriyaki Marinade

1/2 cup brown sugar

2/3 cup ketchup

2/3 cup vinegar

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup vegetable oil

5-6 cloves garlic, crushed and minced

2 tsp. ground ginger

Combine ingredients and soak meat and or vegetables overnight. 


Stir Fry Sauce Variation

Cut recipe in half

Omit oil.

Add 1 TBS. corn starch.

When stir fry is almost done pour in sauce and cook 1 minute, until thickened.


Baked Teriyaki Chicken Recipe

1 recipe of Teriyaki Marinade

6-8 lbs. Chicken Legs and/or Thighs

Remove skins from chicken pieces. Soak chicken in marinade for a few hours.

Place chicken onto a sheet pan and bake at 400° F. for 20 minutes.

Pull the chicken out of the oven and dunk each piece into the marinade. Place back onto the sheet pan turning each piece so that the side that had been facing down is now facing up.

Return chicken to the oven and bake 20 minutes longer. 

Add 2 tsp. or 1 TBS. of corn starch, depending upon how much marinade is remaining, to the leftover marinade and boil for 1 minute if you would like a sauce.

4 comments:

Amy said...

This sounds so yummy right now. :) I assume if it's the same recipe you made while here...it was awesome!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Amy! This is actually a different recipe than the one I made out there. Both are great, though, you probably would like this recipe, too. I'll send you a link for Honey Mustard Chicken, which is what I made at your house. It is on my sister, Haley's, blog. :)

Melissa Huffman said...

I looked up the recipe you grew up eating at home and it is no surprise to me you cut the brown sugar in half in your version from mine. LOL I am glad to know it will taste just as good with less brown sugar.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Mommy! I have the original recipe from you and I did make it as directed before I started cutting back the sugar. :) I found that for my family half the amount of sugar was still plenty for us!