Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Peppers, Peppers, Peppers!

 


I have been able to harvest a lot of peppers from our small garden plot this year.

I have used the banana peppers to make Lacto-Fermented Pickled Peppers. I still think this is the best recipe for pickled peppers. You can follow this link for the recipe:

https://simplyinspirations101.blogspot.com/2017/11/lacto-fermented-peppers-recipe.html?m=1

The habanero plants have produced marvelously! I have been using them to make some aged pepper hot sauce. If you are curious about my method you can read all about it here:

http://simplyinspirations101.blogspot.com/2020/10/my-aged-pepper-hot-sauce-recipe.html?m=0

When my Mom was in town to meet our newest baby she froze the majority of the bell pepper harvest for me. She just diced the peppers and froze them in freezer bags. It was a blessing to have her help! :)



Genesis 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Seasons are changing here in the Mid-west.  My flowers are fading. The days are shortening. Soon we will be going to weiner roasts and enjoying campfires with family and friends.



2 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

I wouldn't know what to do with so many peppers! :D Of course you're aware that peppers are not exactly my favorite thing, especially the hot ones, lol. At least I know what a pickled pepper tastes like now, thanks to you. :) I've been getting quite a few bell peppers from our garden. I do like those with eggs, or a few other supper meals, so we've been able to use most of those up.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Sunshine Country! I didn't know that you had not had pickled peppers before you tried them at our house. Bell peppers and eggs sound good right now. That is something I should cook soon.:)