Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Rejoice!


 Rejoice in the Lord alway: 
and again I say, 
Rejoice.

Philippians 4:4



And how can I help but rejoice

When on Christ and His sacrifice 

I let my mind linger?

When I recall my desperate condition!

How, in the most absolute degree, 

I was beyond any hope of gaining Heaven.

When my thoughts wander through memories

Of days in my past,

In which, the only motivation of living

Was to keep out of Hell one more moment.

What darkness!

What despair!

And then,

The glorious light of Jesus' love shines in!

What brightness!

What joy!

He loves me!

He died to wash my sins away!

He offered me eternal life as a free gift!

Free, free, free!

Free for the asking!

Just to take Him at His word.

Just to trust His promise,

"Whosoever will, 

Let him take of the water of life freely."



Friend, I hope you, too, are rejoicing in this wonderful truth. 

No one need remain in darkness and despair.

Jesus loves you, too.

He died to take your punishment.

And, He wants you to trust Him as your Saviour.


Verily, verily, I say unto you, 

He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, 

hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; 

but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:24




2 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

Praise the Lord for His wonderful salvation He has provided! Thank you for sharing this.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Sunshine Country! I'm glad you can rejoice in God's salvation. :)