Fresh Spinach Pasta
1/4 cup water
2 1/2 cups packed spinach, fresh
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1. Place spinach and water in a sauce pan; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Pour the spinach and water from the sauce pan into a blender. Process until the spinach is smooth and pureed thoroughly.
3. Pour the spinach into a bowl. Stir in the salt. Allow to cool slightly before adding the eggs so as not to cook them; blend well.
4. Add the flour to make a stiff dough. Knead well.
5. Cover and rest for 30 minutes.
6.Divide the dough in half and roll out into a thin rectangle, about 21"x14". Allow to dry 30 minutes before cutting.
7. To cut thin ribbon noodles use a pizza wheel and a straight edge (like a ruler). Hold your straight edge in place while you run your pizza wheel along the edge. Move the straight edge over to make the desired width noodles.
8. Pick a few noodles up and loosely wrap them around a couple of your fingers. place the "noodle nest" on a drying rack. Dry the noodles at least 30 minutes before cooking.
9. To cook fresh noodles boil 3 quarts of water. Add noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes. You can also freeze the noodles for later use and cook them straight from the freezer.