Friday, January 13, 2017

Deer Steaks For Dinner, Yum!


My brother recently gave us a package of deer sirloin steaks. He had taken his deer to a processor so the steaks were already cut and neatly wrapped in freezer paper.


I seasoned the steaks and cooked them on my griddle last night for supper. I even got some nice sear marks, which made me feel like I knew what I was doing. :)


I did Google, "how long do you cook steak?" Just to be sure that I didn't over cook them and make them tough, though. :)


They were delicious! I served them with sauteed onions on top, and a loaded baked potato and stir-fried cabbage on the side.

A big, "Thank you!" to my brother for sharing such a nice cut of his venison with us! :)

2 comments:

A Heart of Praise said...

That was nice of your brother! These look really good! Can you serve deer steaks medium or medium well, or do they have to be well done? I love steak with onion! Sometimes I'll also sauté fresh mushrooms to go with them.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Heart of Praise!
As far as I know, deer can be cooked any way you would cook beef. I was going for medium well.
If I had had any fresh mushrooms they would've made a great addition to the onions, yum!