Saturday, January 28, 2017

Finished Wall Hanging


I recently finished the wall hanging I started back in June.

On the back you can see all of the hand quilted stitches.


I don't remember if I have mentioned the fact that I really like hand quilting before on this blog, but, I really like hand quilting.



I like the way it looks. I like the way it feels. I like doing the quilting and the memories and stories that get sewn into every stitch.


Hand quilting takes such a long time. I kind of get attached to my work. It is sometimes hard for me to see my projects go or sell my quilts.

But, I did list this little wall hanging over at my Etsy shop. You can visit it HERE.

I was not sure what price to ask. I talked to a lady from a local quilt shop. I explained some details about my quilt, such as the size and color scheme. I thought I might list it for $65 or so. She exclaimed, "Oh, no! It's hand quilted. I wouldn't ask anything less than $100." She said to remember that you can always lower your price if it doesn't sell, but you can't raise the price once you realize that you sold it too cheaply. :)

Good advice! I am glad I talked to her. :)

2 comments:

A Heart of Praise said...

The wll hanging turned out so pretty, I like the colors! Is always great to finish projects like this. :) I also love hand quilting! It's been a long time since I did any sewing, but hand quilting is my favourite part of sewing for sure.

Sarah said...

Absolutely beautiful! I am amazed by all of your intricate hand stitching. I would love to begin quilting someday. I have baskets of scarp fabric stashed about my house just begging for me to begin, but I feel somewhat intimated by the amount of time and work they require.