Tuesday, August 17, 2021

How I Got Rid of Leg Cramps

I tried taking a few different types of Calcium/Magnesium supplements when I started having leg cramps in the night. 

This is what ended working for me. Of course, what worked for me may not work for you. Please talk to your Doctor and do your own research. :)

The combination that worked was a Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, and Vitamin D supplement from Walmart taken before bed along with a teaspoon of Natto.

This Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc,
 and Vit. D from Walmart



















Natto? What is that?

Natto is a fermented soybean condiment common in Japan. I buy Natto at our local Asian market in the frozen foods section. 

Natto comes with a piece of thin plastic
over the beans to keep it from drying out. 
Packaging of frozen Natto

Natto comes in packages of 4 small
containers


Why would I take Natto with Calcium/Magnesium?

Natto contains massive amounts of vitamin K2. I heard on Dr. Paul's podcast (Against the Wind) that, while vitamin D3 is essential for the body to absorb Calcium, vitamin K2 is essential for making sure the Calcium gets deposited in the right places; building bones as opposed to arthritis, etc.

I had to take 4 capsules of the Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, and Vitamin D supplement at night before bed along with a teaspoon of Natto to be free from cramps all night. If I only took 3 capsules I would be on the verge of a cramp all night. If I took 4 capsules without the Natto I would be on the verge of a cramp all night. I needed to take 4 capsules with Natto before bed to have good results.

This is highly anecdotal and not scientific at all. I wanted to tell my experience here. Maybe it can help someone out there to figure out what combination of supplements they need to take to get rid of their leg cramps.

I didn't have to have many cramps to feel desperate to find a solution. They are so painful! And at the moment of muscle seizer one feels so helpless! 

If you have any tips for dealing with leg cramps please leave them in the comments below! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are some good things to know about cramps. Thanks for sharing!