Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Tropical Fruit Whip!

 This recipe is inspired by the Pineapple Whip recipe from Dinning On A Dime .com. 

Ingredients:

Frozen Bananas

Frozen Pineapple, fresh or canned

Canned Coconut milk

Vanilla Extract


A tip for those using canned pineapple: freeze it in an ice cube tray. This will make it easy to blend up.


I have only tried this recipe with canned pineapple. I think it would be much better with fresh pineapple, though. I can taste the "tinny" flavor from the tin can of the canned pineapple. 

These are rough quantities. Please adjust the amounts to your preferences!


Tropical Fruit Whip

Yield: 4 large servings

1 (13.5oz.) can coconut milk

1 (20oz.) can pineapple chunks, frozen

2 1/2 cups banana chunks, frozen

2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring (I really like Mexican style vanilla flavoring in this shake.)

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until really smooth and somewhat aerated.

Serve cold. 

Enjoy!



7 comments:

Melissa Huffman said...

I can even imagine the tinny taste! I think this sounds delicious and I am glad you have discovered coconut milk. I have used it often the last few years but never when you lived at home!

Amy said...

This sounds so yummy! I hope to try it soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Haley Smith said...

I’m going to have to integrate canned coconut milk into my shopping.. I’m sure I’d love that tropical twist to any smoothie.

Diana said...

This looks lovely! Do you include the juice when you add the canned pineapple chunks?
Diana :)

Diana said...

And now that I look in detail at the pictures, I see that it's just the pineapple - not the juice. Forgive the question!! :) Diana

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Good observation, but, also, a good question! I have done it both ways; with juice and without juice.😊

Joe said...

Looking forward to trying it! Thanks!! :)
Diana