Thursday, January 6, 2022

Beet Salad Recipe!


This is a Root and Fruit Salad. It is delicious, vibrant, and super healthy! 


The easiest way to prepare this salad is with a food processor. Alternatively, the veggies can be shredded with a vegetable grater. Ethier way it is grate. (Pun intended!)


Beet Salad

4 carrots

2 beets

2 apples (Granny Smith are the best)

1 inch of ginger

2 lemons

1/4 c. sunflower seeds or chopped pecans (optional)

Peel carrots and beets. Peel and mince ginger.

Cut the carrots, beets, and apples into chunks. 

In food processor pulse carrots, beets, apples, and ginger until coarsely chopped. You may have to do this in a couple batches.

Pour into salad bowl. Add nuts or seeds, if using.

Squeeze the lemon juice over the salad. Rest 30 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!


I was a beet hater until my grandma made this salad for me. It sounds like an unlikely recipe to turn someone on to beets, but it worked. I love beets prepared in all kinds of ways now.

If you love beets, give this recipe a try!

And, if you hate beets, give this recipe a try!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm not a huge fan of beets myself although this salad would be an interesting way to have them. Funny thing is I grow them...I eat the tops in salad and give the bottoms to my best friend to pickle. :)

Haley Smith said...

Didn’t Grandma’s version have coconut in it? I haven’t had it in awhile but I was sure there was coconut shreds in there..

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Jennifer! It sounds like you and your friend have a good deal worked out. :)

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Haley!
If you're sure Grandma's recipe had coconut you must be right. I don't have her recipe written down and since I almost never buy coconut my version of this salad has evolved to be without coconut. :)

Mary E. Stephens said...

Hi SitMW. I liked the sound of this recipe, though I can't eat carrots any more myself. It sounds like it is really refreshing and a nice way to use root vegetables for a fresh salad. I am sharing it today on my blog. Thanks for sharing it. :-)

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Mary!
Too bad you can't have carrots. Maybe you could try parsnips?
Thank you for sharing this post with your readers! :)