Thursday, January 20, 2022

Tuna Patties With Parmesan Cheese And Italian Breadcrumbs

I never had Tuna Patties growing up and I didn't know they were a thing. My family liked Salmon Patties, but Mr. In the Mid-west never cared for Salmon Patties. He likes these Tuna Patties I cobbled together with Italian Breadcrumbs and the addition of Parmesan Cheese. The highlight for him are the extra breadcrumbs and being fried in more oil than I use to fry Salmon Patties. 

I don't drain off any liquid from the canned tuna. I use the tuna packed in oil, and I just dump the whole contents of the can in my mixing bowl.

I whip up Tartar Sauce out of diced onion, sweet relish (homemade zucchini relish), and mayonnaise, and serve it alongside the Tuna Patties. It really dresses them up.



Tuna Patties Recipe

Makes 6 Patties

1 cup Italian Breadcrumbs or 1 cup of Plain Breadcrumbs with 1 TBS. Italian Seasoning added

2 cans Tuna Packed In Oil

2 Eggs

1/4 cup Diced Onion

2 TBS. Grated Parmesan Cheese

2 TBS. Mayonnaise

1 TBS. Lemon Juice

1/2 tsp. Ground Mustard

1/4 tsp. Black Pepper


Dump all the ingredients into a medium size bowl. 

Mix thoroughly.

In a heavy skillet, heat  1/4 inch to 1/2 inch of frying oil.

Form tuna mixture into patties and fry in hot oil until golden brown, turn to cook both sides.

Drain on drying wrack or paper towel if necessary.

Serve with tartar sauce if desired.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

These look delicious! I've made salmon patties similarly...but now I think I need to try tuna ones. :)