Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Finding A Pretty Planter

 

A sweet lady from Church gave me a couple starts from her house plant several weeks ago. I have been keeping these poor starts in a jar of water. I don't think they were very happy, but they were surviving.
I wanted some decorative pots to plant them in. It took me a while to do a thrift shopping outing. I don't know about you, but I am a home body through and through, plus, I don't like to drive. It takes me a while to work up enough gumption to go shopping especially when I am not shopping for such necessities as food. 
Mr. In The Mid-west and I were out recently for our anniversary and we did some thrift shopping. I found this pretty blue and white ceramic container for $3. Score! The inside of the pot was not fully glazed, but I came up with a plan to protect it from moisture.

I cut the bottom off of this plastic cup that we got as a freebie at a car show several years ago. We have 3 of them and I was about to throw one away. I have a use for the other 2. One lives in the bath tub for scooping water to rinse hair. And the other is the crayon container. I digress,.......

I put the red neck water tray in the bottom of the ceramic pot.

I poked drainage holes in a plastic sourcream container.

I potted the plant in the sourcream container, which fits perfectly into the pretty pot.
I also found a cute metal bowl with stenciled blue duck embellishments. Now my house plant starts both have a home. I bet they are happy to get out of the jar of water and have their roots in some soil!

2 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

I love the blue and white pot you found! Very pretty! It reminds me somewhat of a tea pot that I have.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you, Sunshine Country! I could envision this blue and white design on a tea pot. Blue and white seems to be the perfect color scheme for porcelain. That combination is always so seemly.