Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Mr. In The Mid-west's All Time Favorite Oatmeal Cookie Recipe!

 


This recipe is a childhood favorite of Mr. In The Mid-west's. I acquired the recipe recently from one of his sisters. She messaged me and said something like, "You mentioned in the past that (his name) would like to have the oatmeal cookie recipe. I came across it last night in one of my recipe books, so here it is........."

I kid you not, less than 30 minutes before she sent me that message Mr In The Mid-west had said to me, "We really need to get my family's oatmeal cookie recipe. Those sound really good right now!"

When the message and recipe came through from his sister. I told him, "You're not going to believe this! Your sister just sent me the recipe. I didn't say anything to her about you wanting the recipe a few minutes ago!"

Backpack Oatmeal Cookies

3/4 cup vegetable oil

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 cups flour

1 cup oatmeal (old fashioned is ideal but quick oats work fine.)

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 cup walnuts (optional)


In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla, beat with a spoon until well mixed. 

In another bowl combine the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well. 

Combine the dry ingredients with the oil mixture. 

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F. for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on bottoms.

5 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Hmm mm!These look delicious...I will definitely have to try this recipe soon.
Thank you for sharing, I hope that you are doing well♥
Blessings in Christ,
Gabrielle♥

Sunshine Country said...

There's another funny story about this recipe... Not too long after giving it to you, I decided to make these at home myself. It wasn't until they were already baking in the oven that I realized I had forgotten to put the eggs in! 😑😅 They were sadly very crumbly cookies, I'm afraid! It was disappointing when I hadn't made them in such a long time, and was hoping to surprise everyone at home with a special treat.

Anonymous said...

Recently I read a quote from Grandma Kathryn ‘it is a poor cookie that can’t make its own grease’ I know when we made cookies and they said grease pan that we didn’t because they had the butter or oil tk keep them from sticking. I notice this says grease pan. So did you?

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Gabrielle! I hope you enjoy your cookies!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment Sunshine Country and the recipe! ;) That would be disappointing to go through the effort and have the cookies turn out crumbly. I have definitely had those kind of moments in the kitchen. :)