Monday, November 20, 2023

Thankful Tree 2023

 

I made a thankful tree craft this year for Thanksgiving.

These are not the colors that immediately come to mind when I think of autumn, but these are the colors that I had to work with. I think the colors turned nice in the end!

I chose to cut out different types of Oak leaf shapes.
Wouldn't it be funny if you found such a mixed up tree in reality? Part White Oak, part Pin Oak, part Chinquapin Oak. What an absurd tree!
I am going to fill in all the leaves with blessing for which I am giving thanks.
We have so much to be thankful for! 
I was speaking with a woman at a checkout counter a few days ago. I said, "I have so much to be thankful for." And she said, "Even to be thankful to be alive."
That's right, if nothing else, you can be thankful for each breath you draw.

Job 12:10
 In whose hand is the soul 
of every living thing, and the
 breath of all mankind.

I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

AAC14 said...

I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving! I love your thankful tree craft. It is so good to reflect on the blessings we have. I am thankful for your wonderful blog!