Monday, March 27, 2017

Chicken Cracklings, A No Carb, THM Compliant, Paleo, Snack



These Chicken Skin Crisps are just as good as pork rinds. I don't know if any of you like pork rinds, but I consider them a special treat! If you don't know about pork rinds surely you know how scrumptious crispy skin on roasted chicken is. That is my favorite part of a roasted chicken. :)

I came up with this idea because I skin and de-bone chicken thighs all of the time to use the meat in recipes. I always use the bones in stock, and some times I throw the skin in, too, but it seems like a waste of skin when I know how delicious it could be on a piece of roasted chicken.

Here is my method for making crispy chicken skins:

Chicken Skin Crisps
6 chicken thighs
Seasoning
Salt

Remove the skins from the chicken thighs. Set aside remaining thighs for other recipes.



Cut the skins into large pieces. They shrink considerably as they cook. I cut each thigh section into 3 pieces.



Season skin pieces. I used ground Thyme and salt. You can flavor them however you like.

Heat skillet on stove top. Put skin pieces into hot skillet feather side down. (There should be no literal feathers) There is no need to add any oil, the skins will render quite a lot of fat as they cook.



Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Flip the skin pieces over. Turn heat down to medium-low. Cook 5 more minutes or until brown and crispy.



Remove from pan. Cool slightly, and enjoy!


No comments: