Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Garlic And Lime Roasted Chicken Legs

This is a new recipe I just tried for dinner tonight. I made a few changes to suit my needs. The original recipe called for chicken breast halves. I only had chicken legs so that is what I used. In my family we prefer chicken legs or thighs over breasts. Not to mention, chicken legs and thighs are really cheap. I get them on sale at our local IGA for 89¢ a pound.

The ingredients are really simple. I allowed my chicken legs to marinate for over 24 hours, and the flavors soaked in very well.


Garlic And Lime Roasted Chicken Legs


1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 TBS. freshly minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
 2 ~ pounds chicken legs (I had 8 legs)

  1. In a bowl or measuring cup whisk together lime juice, oil, and garlic and salt. Place chicken legs in a plastic bag. Add marinade. Marinate chicken, in refrigerator, turning once or twice, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
  2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  3. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade, and arrange, skin sides up, without crowding, in a shallow baking pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper and roast in upper third of oven until just cooked through, 40-45 minutes.
  4. Change oven setting to broil and broil chicken about 2 inches from heat until skin is crisp, about 2 to 5 minutes.

No comments: