Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Transplanting Tomatoes and Peppers

 

My winter sowing milk jugs worked out great for my tomatoes and peppers this year.

I need to get them in the ground, but before I do I transplanted them into individual pots.

I knew that separating the plants was going to cause considerable root damage. I decided to separate them and put them into individual containers before I put them in the ground.

I just cut the tomatoes apart with the sharp edge of my dough scraper. It was pretty ruthless. I chopped them apart and put each section in a styrofoam cup.

I added more soil to cover the stem by an inch or so. That way the plant can put out more roots.

I ended up with 33 tomato plants and 12 bell peppers. They are doing well, praise the Lord. I am looking forward to getting them in the garden. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. What do you plan to do with (hopefully) the harvest ? I'm always looking for new ideas to preserve tomatoes and peppers.

Annieh