Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Drying Herbs, Trying A New Method


Psalms 104:14
 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

I cut several bunches of oregano from my oregano patch Saturday and a couple bunches of mint.


It the past I have dried herbs on screens in the sun. I decided to use a different method this time because I don't have the screens readily available, as in the past.

Hanging herbs and drying them without heat is supposed to preserve more of the flavor. I am going to give this hanging method a try and see how well it works.


Let me know if you have tried drying Herbs? What methods have you tried? Do you have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments section!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you for your sweet comments! I really enjoy your blog too. : )

I haven't dried herbs in a long time, but hope to this year as we have planted quite a few. When I have dried herbs in the past, I hung them up in the kitchen to dry. It always worked well. We even dried Cayenne peppers that way.

A Heart of Praise said...

I planted a few perennial herbs this spring. The plants are still to small to use. Hopefully next year I’ll be able to dry some, as well as use them fresh. :)