Tuesday, December 11, 2018

I Have Been Sprouting!

I just finished sprouting my first batch of broccoli sprouts. They are delicious! They do not have an earthy, aka dirt, flavor that some sprouts have. They are not spicey either, like radish sprouts. They taste like very mild broccoli.






Broccoli sprouts are supposed to be very healthy for you. All sprouts are supposed to be healthy, but broccoli have particularly high levels of some cancer fighting substance. Here is a link to more detailed information from a qualified source.


I really liked the broccoli sprouts. I think I  will be ordering some more seeds to sprouts soon. I had fun growing something in the dead of winter. It will be a long time until I see vegetables growing in the garden. 


I have also heard that sprouts can help people that deal with seasonal depression. I am not sure of how, but someone who has the winter blues may benefit from including sprouts in their diet.

Obviously, I am not a Dr. and I encourage everyone to do their own research. :)

What do you know about sprouts? Have you ever grown any sprouts? Tell me about it in the comments! :)

No comments: