Thursday, March 2, 2023

Fun Pretzels!


 I made pretzels with my children yesterday.

When I was a little girl my mother let us make pretzels one time. And she let us use food coloring to color the pretzels!

I wanted to give my children the same experience.

I told my children, "Now you have to say that I am a fun Mom."  Haha! 


I sprinkled some food coloring on their individual chunks of dough. (This was natural food coloring so it took a lot, and even then it didn't make a bold color.)


They mixed in the color.


Then they had to make long snakes of dough.

Roll, roll, roll.



The shaping of the pretzels was a little tricky for the children. I did the shaping for the most part. My oldest son was able to learn the right moves to shape his own pretzels after a couple tries.

The pretzels had to be boiled in baking soda water for 20 seconds.

The pretzels were finished by baking in the oven.

Violá!

Tie Die Pretzels for lunch and fun points for Mother!

The recipe that we used is from Sally's Baking Addiction. If you are looking for something fun to do with your children, I recommend that you make pretzels! This was an easy project and the memories that we made will last a long time! :-)

2 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

Oh, fun! I loved it when we made homemade pretzels before. Ours always turned out with a nice chewy texture that was delicious!

Amy said...

Looks like fun! Thanks for the idea! I'm sure the kids would love this.