Monday, March 20, 2023

Keep The Love Kindled

 At our Church sometimes people donate stuff to pass out among the members. In February a lady brought whole boxes of brand new, never used Valentine cards. I had this idea come into my mind, "What if I get a bunch of these Valentine cards and put one into Mr. In The Mid-west's lunch box every day?" He was about to start a new job and I was so excited for him! I wanted to show my support and do as much as I could to boost his confidence.

As wives we all have to know our own man. It takes some time and studying. But, year after year you learn and get to know him better and better. 

I am married to a sensitive soul and I knew he would feel so special to get a card in his lunch box every day. I had almost enough cards to send him one everyday for his first 3 weeks on the new job. I had to make a couple hand made cards to finish out the week.

Here is the art I made for one of his cards.


Speaking of art, this is a cartoon I drew for one of my boys birthday card this month. This idea is not original to me. I was inspired by a cartoon I saw on Pinterest. 




My 7 year old drew a version, too:


His dragon is so darling! I think his drawing is adorable! These are the kinds of things that make mothering fun.


No comments: