Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Cheap And Creative Gift Wrapping Paper

 



Here are some gift wrapping ideas. These are all things that I have done. I don't like to spend money on one-time-use, disposable purchases, for instance; wrapping paper. Besides that, buying wrapping paper squelches my creativity. :) 




1. Brown Paper 

I save packing paper that comes in packages. It can be ironed to take out most of the wrinkles.


Most of the gifts that I wrap get wrapped in old paper grocery bags. These can be cut open and turned inside out. 

Brown paper can be dressed up in many ways.

(a) Ribbon or string.




(b) String with a paper doily or paper snow flake or leaves, as I have done here. You could, also, use pressed flowers.




One of my favorites: 

(c) Draw the Happy Birthday Song.



(d) Draw animal faces and glue on colored paper features.





(e) Use markers to turn your brown paper into wrapping paper.



2. Paper Maps


I think maps make interesting wrapping paper. I save outdated road maps for this purpose.



3. A Basket



Baskets are not always cheap. I always save baskets that are given to me. They make great gift vessels. You can look for inexpensive baskets at thrift stores and garage sales, as well.


Do you have any frugal gift wrapping ideas? Tell us in the comment section!



6 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

This reminds me of what we used to use as wrapping paper a lot when I was little -- newspaper! :) I have this vivid memory of when I was either too young to read, or didn't understand what it was... everyone started laughing when they seen what page I had unknowingly wrapped one of the birthday presents in... the obituaries! :D I was so embarrassed that everyone was laughing at me, but still didn't understand what I had done wrong until I was older. :D

It's nice that you get creative with your wrapping paper! The animal ones are cute. I have only tried drawing my own wrapping paper once before. Thank you for sharing your ideas!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Sunshine Country!
That is a funny story! :) I feel badly that you were embarrassed, though. :(
Newspaper makes good wrapping paper....you just have to be careful what section you use. :)

A Joyful Heart said...

Those are some really cute wrapping paper ideas! I also like your new blog header. Very nice!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you, Joyful Heart! The new blog header is a gift from Sunshine Country. I really like it, too. :)

https://thecottonapron.blogspot.com/2021/01/cheap-pretty-and-good-gift-wrapping.html said...

Hi! I liked this so well I shared your post on one of my own this week. :-) Thank you for your ideas.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for including a link to my page in your post! I really enjoyed reading your ideas for cheap and good gift wrapping. :)