Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Slime And Borax Solution Recipes




I have not made slime often enough to remember the recipe. Every time I have to look it up online, and I don't know which recipe I have tried in the past, or which one I should go with.


For future reference this is how to make slime:


Number 1, make sodium tetraborate solution, as follows:

Sodium Tetraborate Solution

Mix 1 cup of water with 1 TBS. of 20 Mule Borax. Stir until borax dissolves. 


Number 2, make slime:

Plain Slime

1/2 cup white glue

1/2 cup water

A few drops of food coloring (optional)

1 1/2 TBS. sodium tetraborate solution

Mix together the glue, water, and food coloring. Add the sodium tetraborate solution 1/2 a tablespoon at a time. Stirring in between additions. The more you add the harder it will get. Don't add any more if your slime reaches the consistency you want before you add the whole 1 1/2 tablespoons.


Fluffy Slime

2/3 cup white glue

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 cup water

A few drops of food coloring

2-3 cups shaving cream

1 1/2 TBS. sodium tetraborate solution


In a bowl, mix together the glue, baking soda, water and food coloring. Add the shaving cream and stir well. Add the sodium tetraborate solution half a tablespoon at a time, stirring between additions. When the slime starts to come together it can be kneaded in order to fully incorporate the borate solution and complete the transformation. This fluffy slime is really fun to play with. The fluffiness wears off after a day, but the slime stays good for a while if stored in an airtight container.



Do you have a favorite slime recipe? Tell us about it in the comments section! We would like to give your recipe a try! :)

4 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

I don't remember if we ever made any slime on our own without a kit that we had bought. It was always fun, though! I did make some stuff that was more like clay when I was up in Canada, which I had told you about once before. It was made using conditioner and cornstarch.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for the comment, Sunshine Country! I was going to ask you about that fun squishy stuff you made in Canada. I couldn't remember if you had used shampoo or conditioner. I would like to try that with the children, too! :)

Jennifer said...

This looks like such fun! I've never made slime at home with my kids. Just corn starch quicksand.

Haley Smith said...

You’re such a fun mom... no slime here, playdough is the messiest annoying substance I allow. :P